"A smart girl plans her room according to her personality," how can you resist a book with a beginning like that?! I found this simple guide to room decor at a garage sale the other day. It appears to be an advertising pamphlet for Johnson's Wax from
But, the best part is how they classify each type of girl: Artistic, Romantic, Outdoorsy or... Prom (!?). What personality are you?
Artistic type? You are, if...
- your first love is music or writing or designing or such... and you're
dreaming of a career in your field
- you like full skirts and interesting thong sandals
- you've a love of color and know it can work miracles
- you can easily imagine yourself someday studying in Paris or Rome
- you've lots of ideas but most of them aren't practical
Romantic type? You are, if...
- you love flowers and dreamy music and pretty, lacy handkerchiefs
- you weep over stories or movies with sad endings
- you've already planned your wedding down to the last detail
- you ribbons in your hair and love pinks and pale blues
- you keep a diary and save all kinds of mementos like Valentines,
menus and theater programs
Outdoor type? You are, if...
- you spend every spare moment riding or playing tennis or sailing or hiking
- you'd rather have a date with Rock Hudson than Cary Grant
- you prefer a co-ed weenie roast to an all-girl tea
- you like to feel the wind ruffling your hair
- you love the autumny smell of wood smoke and burning leaves
Prom personality? You are, if...
- you like high heels better than flats
- laughter comes easily
- you're popular with both sexes
- you study with the radio on
- you'd rather dance than do anything else, almost