We're only ONE WEEK out from Letterpress Fest! Over the course of four days (Feb. 13-16), AIGA Charlotte is bringing together nationally renowned speakers to give lectures, participate in panel discussions and run hands-on workshops on an old-fashioned tradition that’s never gone out of style – the art of letterpress.
Though the workshops sold out in 5 minutes, a wide range of additional events are planned for Letterpress Fest, including:
- Workshops and demonstrations by Kyle Durrie, the proprietor of Power and Light Press, and the owner/operator of the Moveable Type Truck from Portland, OR.
- A lecture by Jim Sherraden, the manager, curator, and chief designer at Hatch Show Print in Nashville, TN.
- The two co-founders of Ladies of Letterpress Jessica C. White and Kseniya Thomas, who are also owners of their own individual letterpress companies.
- Local letterpress talent, featuring Beth Faragan of Crayton-Heritage Letterpress and Kelly Koeppel, owner of k2forma.
- An exclusive screening of Proceed & Be Bold!, a documentary that covers the life and works of Amos Paul Kennedy Jr., an African American letterpress poster designer.